Sunday, March 28, 2010

Going natural

I must say that I am very fortunate to have a normal skin. It's not exactly flawless but it's definitely not pimple prone and it's scar free. Now don't start cursing me coz I do get pimples but it's only on the you-know-the-day in a month and it's just luck that those pimples are small and disappear easily once my hormone stops rampaging.

Still a girl got to take care of her skin and I believe no matter how flawless your skin is, never take lightly the importance of washing it with proper cleanser. Oh come on, there's such a variety of cleanser available and most of it are more than affordable. I find it impossible when one can lather their body with rich foamy soap yet fail to paid the same attention to the same skin on their face.

On my quest to womanhood, I have tried many product as well hoping to find the best one that suits my skin and my pocket. The one that hold the first place in my heart throughout the whole years of secondary school and uni time is the Nutrimetics Apricot Cleanser. I totally worship it and savour the freshness it gives to my skin after a hot and humid day. But growing older plus long term exposure to aircond has taken its toll on my face. They became dry and pimple scars took longer than usual to fully resolve. So I had to resort to another cleanser which wouldn't strip the natural oil of my skin. I was thinking of a less chemical product too. This time I used Organic Aid Vitamin E cleanser. The result? Excellent. My skin feels so soft and supple everytime.

However, I notice that the cleanser makes my skin prone to whiteheads especially on the nose. I'm not a fan of whiteheads. They're not easy to express and only makes my pore larger. So I switched to Simple Facial Wash Gel. I'm aware of the brand for so long yet never gotten to try it coz I was thinking " Nah, it's too 'simple' " Hehe. Now I fully appreciate the simpleness of it. The most important is it contains no unnecessary chemicals, not even colour and perfume! Yet it works wonders and I really love the soothing facial toner too. It is so refreshing and cool. It's like a second bath for my skin after the cleansing. Now that's what I'm looking for. The goodness in natural.



I am trying a new deodorant stick which is actually a crystal rock. No colour and no perfume too. Am done with all the commercial ones. They only make the sweat smell worse and ruin my clothes at the armpit. Let's hope this stick successfully kill the smell and be more effective.


No comments: